Monday, August 4, 2008

REPORT ME FOR ORAL SEX

Report me for oral sex, Soi Lek challenges adversaries

FORMER MCA vice-president Datuk Dr Chua Soi Lek, who quit all party and government posts in January because of a sex DVD, has challenged his adversaries to lodge police reports against him over oral sex performed in the video.



Datuk Dr Chua Soi Lek

Chua made the challenge in an interview with Oriental Daily News published today, saying he was prepared to face the consequences, to prove that the DVD is a political conspiracy and to nab the people behind the filming of the video.

"They said oral sex is a crime, I hope they will go to the police, really!" said Chua who believes that if someone lodges a report, the police will have to trace the original DVD and the persons responsible for it, like the investigations into the Lingam video tape.


He also believes he will be vindicated when the persons and motives behind the filming of the DVD are revealed.

Chua, who won the Batu Pahat MCA division chief post without a fight last month, said: "The moment I declare my candidacy for a higher post, I am sure someone will lodge a (oral sex) report against me.

They have already warned me against contesting. I said they can go ahead and report me to the police."


"This shows that it (sex DVD) is a political conspiracy, an (MCA) internal conspiracy as they (political opponents) are very 'concerned' about my personal problems and conduct.

Asked if he is not afraid that he would be charged with oral sex, a crime punishable under section 377B of the Penal Code which provides for a sentence of up to 20 years imprisonment and whipping, and barred from contesting the central elections, Chua said he was ready to face the consequences.

"I will have the courage to face it," he said, adding that his political adversaries are resorting to all means to destroy him.

"You did not ask who is the mastermind behind this. Make a guess, who will benefit from all these? I am 90% sure of who did it (the sex DVD), except I lack the evidence."


"I encourage them to lodge police reports. People have seen all of me, what is there to be afraid of? I only want to tell MCA, the elections have become a slugfest," he said, adding that he does not want to see the party becoming a stage for mudslinging, with leaders being attacked for their personal conducts.

"I am a politician, I leave it to the members to decide my (political) destiny. I know that when I declare my intention to contest party posts, others will use the DVD against me.


"No one is perfect. Every leader has some kind of scandals except they are not exposed and debated in the open.

"Some say your scandal is your personal problem, and what is important is you are not corrupt and have not abused your power."

He said he understands that there are two schools of thought in the party regarding the issue.


"One is that I should be evaluated on performance, and regard my conduct as something personal. As long as my family accepts me, no one else should interfere. The other deems my private life more important than my performance."

Chua who admitted that the sex DVD has affected him to a certain degree, says he has two options:

> wallow in self pity and bitterness; or


> continue to use his experience and optimise his strength to do what he has been doing for the last 23 years; serve the party and the community.

The former Health Minister said following the incident, he did what he had to do as a responsible leader, and now wants to move forward.


He added that a poll conducted on Labis voters showed that 60% of them believed that the sex DVD is a personal problem and should not affect the public's assessment of his ability.


Chua said his comeback bid was not aimed at "taking revenge" at anyone but to let party members judge him.

"I believe MCA central delegates have the wisdom to pick the right leaders and will not allow a leader to be run down by the action of certain despicable people," he added.


ARTICLES SOURCE: http://www.thesundaily.com

Sunday, August 3, 2008

IRAN VOWS NO NUCLEAR

Sunday August 3, 2008

Iran vows no nuclear retreat on day of deadline



Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad arrives at the presidential office to attend a welcoming ceremony for his Syrian counterpart Bashar al-Assad in Tehran August 2, 2008. (REUTERS/Morteza Nikoubazl)

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran will not retreat "one iota" from its nuclear rights, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Saturday, the day of an informal deadline set by Western officials in a row over Tehran's atomic ambitions.


Ahmadinejad made the remark in a statement posted on the presidential website after talks in Tehran with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Copyright © 2008 Reuters

SAIFUL VS ANWAR

Saiful's three trips with Anwar
By : Irdiani Mohd Salleh


KUALA LUMPUR:

Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan has claimed that he accompanied Parti Keadilan Rakyat adviser Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim on three overseas trips this year.


In his blog posting on Friday, the 23-year-old revealed that he accompanied Anwar to Hong Kong in early May, Bangkok at the end of May and to Singapore from June 16-18.

It was among his duties as a "coffee boy".


Mohd Saiful had filed a police report on June 28, claiming he had been sodomised by Anwar.

In his posting at mohdsaifulbukhari.blogspot.com entitled "Tasks as a former 'coffee boy' to Anwar", he said that his duties also included assisting PKR staff chief Ibrahim Yaacob in arranging Anwar's schedule and working out secret meetings, for example, with members of parliament who wanted to cross over to PKR. These were held in the Desa Damansara condominium.

He claimed that the unit was owned by a Pas branch member or leader.


"The rest will be revealed in court later. Please be patient.

"It is up to you whether you believe me or not or ask Anwar to explain all this himself whether it is true or not."


He added, as promised, he would swear in due time as he was informed that the investigation into the case had been completed.


"I pray the Attorney-General's Chambers will take up this case because I want justice," he wrote at 2.29pm.

Mohd Saiful also wished Anwar good luck in the Permatang Pauh by-election.


articles source: http://www.nst.com.my


note: Give me your comment for this articles..... tq

Saturday, August 2, 2008

FUEL STOCK CONCERN FOR DEALERS

Fuel stock concern for dealers
By : R.S. Kamini and Kristina George


KUALA LUMPUR: The Petroleum Dealers' Association of Malaysia wants the government to implement a standard system to measure fuel stock at all pumps.


Association president Abdul Wahid Bidin said if the retail price was to be fixed at the beginning of each month, it would be difficult for dealers to gauge the monthly stock needed to maintain a profit.

He said if the retail price of petrol was to fall to RM2.20 per litre, operators carrying a 100,000 litre stock could lose up to RM50,000.


"How are they going to control the stock? Some of us still measure our stocks manually before informing the oil companies to replenish it," he said, adding only a few stations had an online monitoring system to check fuel stock.


He said dealers and operators should be reimbursed for losses if the government did not place a proper gauging system.
The association also touched on the implementation of the self-service system (SSS), which it said would lead to less competition.


Abdul Wahid said at present some station owners were burdened by the cost of "idle" pump attendants. But he urged a delay in its implementation unless the government could reassure them that oil companies would not manipulate the ruling to their benefit.


"Some companies might try now to 'modify' the ruling, saying that the rule only states no filling customers vehicle tanks with petrol and that it does not include window washing or other services."

In June, Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Shahrir Abdul Samad announced the implementation of the SSS nationwide from yesterday.

The minister said all customers, excluding those who were aged, disabled or pregnant, would be required to fill their own tanks.


The ruling applies to all petrol stations nationwide, except small, unbranded ones in rural areas.


The number allowed in the forecourt area will also be limited to one for stations with four islands or fewer, two at stations with five to six islands and three at stations with more than seven islands.


ARTICLES SOURCE: http://www.nst.com.my


NOTE: YOU CAN GIVE YOU OPONION OR COMMENT FOR THIS NEWS.....TQ

Friday, August 1, 2008

LOWER FUEL PRICES

Thursday July 31, 2008 MYT 8:28:26 PM


PM: Govt may lower fuel prices



PUTRAJAYA:

The Government is considering lowering retail fuel prices, in line with falling global crude oil prices, Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi said.

He said the Cabinet discussed the possibility on Wednesday, a day after crude oil slipped to US$122.19 (RM402) a barrel.
Petrol prices were raised by 41% and diesel by 63% in early June to curb a runaway subsidy bill when crude prices were hovering around US$140 (RM460.60) a barrel.


“We are looking at it very, very carefully. Of course I would be so happy if we can reduce it,'' the Prime Minister told AP in an interview here Thursday.


But he said the Government was wary of lowering prices at the pump just to have to hike them when oil markets rose again, Abdullah said.
Crude has fallen over the last three weeks from a record high of US$147.27 per barrel on July 11, in part, on expectations that the spike in prices over the last year has begun to dampen demand by the United States for petrol.


But the slide has since halted and sweet crude for September delivery was holding steady at US$126.81 (RM417.20) per barrel Thursday in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
Abdullah said the Government was conducting a study to find out if retail fuel prices can be brought down and would announce a decision “at an appropriate time.''


He acknowledged that rising inflation was weighing heavily on the Government by handing the Opposition a way to criticise its economic policies.
“This has been regarded as a weakness of the Government today for allowing prices to go up. I am upset also myself. We are paying more than before. It is a burden to us,'' he said, adding that the Government was taking steps to reduce inflation.


Abdullah said the Government was making efforts to boost income levels of the poor as well as improve transport services and seek cheaper sources of power.


Bank Negara has raised projections for average inflation for this year to between 5.5% and 6% from 4.2%.
Also, the Government announced last week that consumer prices spiked by 7.7% in June compared with the same month last year. It was the steepest climb in 27 years, spurred by higher gasoline prices.


ARTICLES SOURCE: http://thestar.com.my/

WAN AZIZAH QUITS

Thursday July 31, 2008 MYT 5:12:01 PM


Wan Azizah quits, Anwar to contest

By ROYCE CHEAH



PETALING JAYA:

Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) president Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail has resigned as Permatang Pauh Member of Parliament to make way for her husband Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim to contest in a by-election.


At a packed press conference at the party headquarters on Thursday, Dr Wan Azizah said the decision was made after deliberations with her family, the PKR leadership and its partners in the Pakatan Rakyat loose coalition of Opposition parties.


"I have officially submitted my resignation as MP to the Parliament Speaker, Tan Sri Pandikar Amin Mulia, to make way for my husband, Anwar Ibrahim, to contest as a candidate for Pakatan Rakyat in a by-election as soon as possible," she said.


Dr Wan Azizah, who showed no emotion during the press conference, said it was the right decision for Malaysia and that she would continue serving as PKR president and chairman of the Peace Foundation.
Together with her were PKR vice-presidents Azmin Ali and R. Sivarasa, her daughter and Lembah Pantai MP Nurul Izzah Anwar, and Cheras MP Tan Kok Wai.
Dr Wan Azizah also thanked her supporters in Permatang Pauh who had stood by her in the most difficult of times.


"Anwar Ibrahim has the experience and intelligence to reinvigorate our economy, and the charisma and integrity to unite Malaysians.
"And I'm not saying this just because he is my husband," she added.


As to who would be taking over as the Opposition leader in Parliament, Dr Wan Azizah said that would be discussed with other Pakatan Rakyat leaders.
Anwar, under a police investigation for allegedly sodomising a former aide Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan, 23, had previously said he would contest in the Kulim-Bandar Baharu parliamentary constituency, where an election petition is pending.



The case is scheduled for hearing on Aug 19.
On Thursday, Anwar said he had decided to contest in Pematang Pauh instead because the Kulim petition might take too long to settle.


He had previously said that he would have the numbers to form the government by Sept 16, and said the sodomy allegation was a part of a conspiracy to stop him from doing so.


He has denied the sodomy allegations and has filed a defamation suit against Mohd Saiful.
The Election Commission is required under the law to call for a by-election within 60 days.
Its chairman Tan Sri Abdul Rashid Abdul Rahman said the Commission would start preparing for the by-election upon receiving notice from the Speaker.


Also on Thursday, Home Minister Datuk Seri Syed Hamid Albar announced that the police had wrapped up their investigations into the sodomy case, and have sent their report to the Attorney-General's Chambers for further action.


articles source: http://thestar.com.my/

Thursday, July 31, 2008

THAKSIN OVER MYANMAR LOANS

Top Thai court hits Thaksin over Myanmar loans


BANGKOK (July 30, 2008) :


Thailand's Supreme Court said on Wednesday it would hear a case against ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra relating to allegations he arranged soft loans to Myanmar while in office to benefit his family's telecoms business.

The court's decision is the latest blow to Thaksin's bid to clear his name after his removal in a 2006 military coup, in which he was accused of "rampant corruption".

Given the general perception that he is the driving force behind the coalition that came to power after an election in December, it is also another blow to an administration already being hammered by the courts, nationalists and an ailing economy.


An army-appointed graft panel has accused Thaksin of ordering a state bank in 2004 to increase the size of a loan to the military-ruled former Burma to buy telecoms equipment from a company owned by Thaksin's family.


The deal caused the bank to lose 670 million baht (US$20 million), the panel alleged. Thaksin has denied any wrongdoing.

Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej is expected to reshuffle his cabinet this week, although it is hard to see the move deflecting criticism from an administration under attack for being a Thaksin proxy.

A small party announced its departure from the coalition on Tuesday, but Samak said this would not derail his plans to submit a list of new ministers to the king for approval.


"It won't affect the cabinet reshuffle," he told reporters in answer to a question about the withdrawal of the Pue Pandin (For the Motherland) party from the coalition.

Announcing the departure, Pue Pandin boss and Industry Minister Suvit Khunkitti criticised Samak's push to amend the 2007 army-designed constitution and his handling of the economy at a time of stuttering growth and decade-high inflation.


"We think amending the constitution is less important than tackling the economic problems," Suvit said. "But when parliament convenes in August, the government is going to amend the charter."

He also had scathing words for the government's conduct in a nationalist spat with Cambodia over competing claims to a 900-year-old Hindu temple on their border.


Samak has kept unusually quiet about the planned new line-up, saying only that it will involve 10 portfolios.

A respected career diplomat, Tej Bunnag, was appointed foreign minister at the weekend to replace Noppadon Pattama -- Thaksin's lawyer -- who was forced to resign over the Preah Vihear temple dispute with Cambodia.

However, newspapers are speculating that Samak's new cabinet will contain a host of Thaksin loyalists.


"The names of new ministers being speculated on in the newspapers suggest that those who have been loyal to Mr. Thaksin are being favoured," political commentator Sukhum Nuanskul told Reuters. - Reuters



ARTICLES SOURCE: http://www.thesundaily.com