Wednesday, August 6, 2008

ACTRESS APPEALS TO HUSBAND

Wednesday August 6, 2008

Actress appeals to husband to settle debts with loan sharks


KUALA LUMPUR: Actress Wan Nor Azlin Wan Mohd Husain, who has been targeted by loan sharks after her husband allegedly failed to repay a loan, is appealing for him to return and be responsible for his actions.

“Only my husband knows who he borrowed the money from. I want him to come back and face his problems and not run away from it,” she said yesterday at a press conference organised by the MCA Public Services and Complaints Department.


She also feared for her family’s safety and asked her husband to cooperate with the police to settle the matter.

“I fear for the safety of my children. They are very young. It is not fair for you to just leave me to take care of them,” she said in her plea for her husband to return.

Wan Nor Azlin also apologised to the moneylenders for not being able to repay the loans.


The 40-year old won the Seri Angkasa Award for best drama actress for her role in Takbir Untuk Abdah in 2001 and had starred in more than 200 drama and theatre productions.

She also appealed to them to stop harassing her family because she did not have details of her husband’s debts.


Wan Nor Azlin added moneylenders had continuously harassed her famiy since her husband went missing on July 10.

This included having offensive posters pasted on the gates of her house with the most recent being paint poured on her car and house on July 30.

“My husband did not answer my calls that night but he sent me an SMS to just text him if anything happened,” she said.


She believes her husband has gone into hiding because of the threats and has been unable to contact him since.

“Don’t threaten him. Give him a chance to go to work and earn the money to settle the debts,” she said. “My family is effected too as I am not working right now and I depend on my husband’s income.”


Department head Datuk Michael Chong said it is believed the husband had borrowed some RM200,000 from about 30 Ah Long since last year.

“But no one knows the exact amount that he owes and who he owes it to,” he said.


Malaysian Artistes Association Freddie Fernandez was also present and said the association would help Wan Nor Azlin find employment.


ARTICLES SOURCE: http://thestar.com.my

No comments:

Post a Comment