Monday, August 4, 2008

REPORT ME FOR ORAL SEX

Report me for oral sex, Soi Lek challenges adversaries

FORMER MCA vice-president Datuk Dr Chua Soi Lek, who quit all party and government posts in January because of a sex DVD, has challenged his adversaries to lodge police reports against him over oral sex performed in the video.



Datuk Dr Chua Soi Lek

Chua made the challenge in an interview with Oriental Daily News published today, saying he was prepared to face the consequences, to prove that the DVD is a political conspiracy and to nab the people behind the filming of the video.

"They said oral sex is a crime, I hope they will go to the police, really!" said Chua who believes that if someone lodges a report, the police will have to trace the original DVD and the persons responsible for it, like the investigations into the Lingam video tape.


He also believes he will be vindicated when the persons and motives behind the filming of the DVD are revealed.

Chua, who won the Batu Pahat MCA division chief post without a fight last month, said: "The moment I declare my candidacy for a higher post, I am sure someone will lodge a (oral sex) report against me.

They have already warned me against contesting. I said they can go ahead and report me to the police."


"This shows that it (sex DVD) is a political conspiracy, an (MCA) internal conspiracy as they (political opponents) are very 'concerned' about my personal problems and conduct.

Asked if he is not afraid that he would be charged with oral sex, a crime punishable under section 377B of the Penal Code which provides for a sentence of up to 20 years imprisonment and whipping, and barred from contesting the central elections, Chua said he was ready to face the consequences.

"I will have the courage to face it," he said, adding that his political adversaries are resorting to all means to destroy him.

"You did not ask who is the mastermind behind this. Make a guess, who will benefit from all these? I am 90% sure of who did it (the sex DVD), except I lack the evidence."


"I encourage them to lodge police reports. People have seen all of me, what is there to be afraid of? I only want to tell MCA, the elections have become a slugfest," he said, adding that he does not want to see the party becoming a stage for mudslinging, with leaders being attacked for their personal conducts.

"I am a politician, I leave it to the members to decide my (political) destiny. I know that when I declare my intention to contest party posts, others will use the DVD against me.


"No one is perfect. Every leader has some kind of scandals except they are not exposed and debated in the open.

"Some say your scandal is your personal problem, and what is important is you are not corrupt and have not abused your power."

He said he understands that there are two schools of thought in the party regarding the issue.


"One is that I should be evaluated on performance, and regard my conduct as something personal. As long as my family accepts me, no one else should interfere. The other deems my private life more important than my performance."

Chua who admitted that the sex DVD has affected him to a certain degree, says he has two options:

> wallow in self pity and bitterness; or


> continue to use his experience and optimise his strength to do what he has been doing for the last 23 years; serve the party and the community.

The former Health Minister said following the incident, he did what he had to do as a responsible leader, and now wants to move forward.


He added that a poll conducted on Labis voters showed that 60% of them believed that the sex DVD is a personal problem and should not affect the public's assessment of his ability.


Chua said his comeback bid was not aimed at "taking revenge" at anyone but to let party members judge him.

"I believe MCA central delegates have the wisdom to pick the right leaders and will not allow a leader to be run down by the action of certain despicable people," he added.


ARTICLES SOURCE: http://www.thesundaily.com

No comments:

Post a Comment